Friday, June 5, 2009

My Larger Plates

Hey Guys,

Welcome all. Many of you may remember the First Book of Jeremy, which was written completely in biblical verse. I thought about doing that for this one, but the reviews I got from the first first one was not high enough to give that a stab. (there will probably one or two that are, just for the heck of it.)

So the name of my blog is simple. My family began the Book of Mormon again last week, and in 1 Nephi 9 It reads: Upon the other plates should be engraven an account of the reign of the kings, and the wars and contentions of my people.

So my first blog "And with his stripes we are Healed;" is what Nephi described as: Wherefore, the things which are pleasing unto the world I do not write, but the things which are pleasing unto God and unto those who are not of the world.

So, I am rambling but, the point is this is the set of "plates" where I will record my adventures and frustrations with secular life.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me!

    Best of luck, Jeremy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Jeremy! I actually really enjoy reading your spiritual posts. I look forward to seeing how these plates turn out as well.

    Way to not be ashamed of the gospel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to post something along the lines of, "Awesome, I look forward to reading your posts!"

    But that has already been done. So for the sake of adding variety I'll say, "Go boil your bottom you son of a silly person!"

    Happy posting, Jeremy :D

    ReplyDelete